Friday, October 20, 2006

Three things about Cheshire

I am starting to reflect more on Cheshire since the Goostrey exhibition. It's not my favourite county, but I'm becoming a little less cynical about the place. Here's three things to ponder.

1. Goldplated: the new Channel Four show about the Cheshire high life. What nonsense. Avoid at all costs. This isn't about Cheshire, it's about the parlous state of modern TV drama. Cheshire is much nicer.

2. Old People: there's plenty. I catered for the Natwest Pensioners coffee morning yesterday. What wonderful people they are. Very demanding about their coffee, but a cornerstone of society. I can't wait to be one.

3. Nantwich: lovely. I never give it a second thought, but I went with my Mum today and it's a beautiful little town. Tip: don't eat at the Cafe de Paris.

Ok - it's not much, but it's a start.

No comments: