Monday, October 09, 2006

Manchester united

I spent the day in Manchester. It's starting to look familiar now - I can even find my way around without a map. It's a pretty decent city, all in all. Makes me wonder whether I need to go to London after all.

I had a bit of a wander around and came across a Mongolian restaurant. Cool, eh? I've never seen a Mongolian restaurant before. I thought Mongolia was the backwater of all backwaters. What is it doing here in Manchester? On the door was a map of the Mongol Empire, which I just happen to know is the second largest empire in history (and the largest contiguous empire in history), so there. They let you select all your meat raw and cover it in sauces and then they cook it for you. Might be worth a try.

Then I went to a church service (my main reason for going into Manchester on a Sunday). I feel like I haven't been to church in months. It was called King's Church (yeah, I've figured out hyperlinks, too). It was the most multicultural event I've ever seen - fantastic. They had all these flags up from all around the globe, and practically a cross-section of the world's population singing on stage. And the first person I met there? A Mongolian.

No comments: