Sunday, October 15, 2006

I do have a job really

Despite my persistent claims to be job-hunting, I actually already have a job. At least, I do now. I started work tonight at a local pub called The Bells of Peover. I'll get a picture soon. It was extremely confusing as I have no catering experience and had to direct all my spare brain power to determining which were starter forks and which main forks.

The staff seemed friendly enough. And pretty varied, too. I have this new scheme where when I meet people I try to remember their names. It sounds very simple, but I've never done it successfully before. I think it's working: today I met Richard, Chris, Olly, Tracy, Ross, Ronny (? a woman), Sian, Zadine (I think), Esmelda, John and Tony. I won't say anything about any of them yet in case they become my friends and read this later. I'm sure they're all lovely people.

2 comments:

Becaroo said...

Very wise, very wise. You never know WHO will end up reading this. hmm.
Do you have any editorial control over the comments?
Heh heh heh

I mean, you have a chinchilla?
My grandmother had chinchillas. Lots of them. All sewn together in a sort of coat shape.

Anonymous said...

I have no control at the moment, but since you're the first person to leave a comment it's not a big problem.

If you can think of a good name for my chinchilla I'd be most grateful. If enough people are interested I might hold a vote.