Monday, November 06, 2006

Still on my way

Time for an update on my job-hunting, I think.

So far I have had one interview and lots of rejections. On the other hand, I am currently employed so things aren't all that bad. On Sunday, we had to try out food from the new menu at the pub, and got paid for out exertions. I guess I can cope with this existence for a while yet.

I've thrown myself wholeheartedly into a couple of graduate schemes: the Civil Service Faststream and the Local Government Graduate Development Scheme, but I can't say that I'm entirely enthused by either of them. Still, I do have a Faststream assessment centre in December to look forward to.

I also have ongoing applications to the Metropolitan Police (! - but actually I quite fancy that one), and the Privy Council Office, both of which look promising.

And if anyone reading this needs a shelf fixing or lawn mowing, I'm sure that for a reasonable price I can tell you to get lost.

No comments: